This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the Continuous Improvement Program at Algoma Central Corporation. This will include educating team members in identifying and developing opportunities, creating plans, and implementing solutions that will drive efficiency within the organization. This role will also be responsible for leading some of the key efficiency projects as the Project Manager/Sponsor.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects to drive cultural change
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot business issues and create process documentation
- Create a continuous improvement program
- Develop and deliver a training plan and package that will drive the CI culture
- Act as a coach and mentor for all members of the team
- Act as a resource to the Senior Leadership Team on identifying and implementing CI opportunities
- Create measures of success for each initiative
- Drive the initiatives across the finish line
- Lead major projects associated to the Continuous Improvement
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in continuous improvement and business processes improvement, ideally in a heavy industry environment, manufacturing or Logistics and warehousing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or in Industrial Engineering or evidenced equivalent experience
- Six Sigma, Lean, or ISO certified
- PMP strongly preferred
- MBA, P.eng, CPA, CMA, CGA, CA are considered assets.
- Experience in change management
- Advanced Level Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite, MS Project and MS Visio
- Able to interact at all levels in the company from the CEO to the front-line team
- Willing to dig in and get things done and drive for the finish line
- Turn strategic goals into operational plans
- The proven ability to coach and mentor teammates and be accessible to those who need support
- Ability to influence without authority across many different levels
If you are interested in this rewarding career, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager, Continuous Improvement” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.