Deck Department, Dry Bulk Vessel
Saturday, April 1, 2023
This position is unionized. Wages and benefits will be paid as per union agreement.
Job Duties:Reporting directly to the Master, The Chief Mate is responsible for the application of the Company Quality, Health & Safety, and Environmental Policies in all aspects of deck operations and maintenance. The Chief Mate is responsible for the navigation of the vessel, overseeing loading and unloading of cargo, supervising activities of the deck crew, and other duties not carried out by the Captain.
- Chief Mate Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Radio Operator’s License (or GOC)
- Certificate of Proficiency for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (preferred)
- Great Lakes Pilotage Authority (GLPA) certificate holder (preferred)
- Canadian passport or permanent residence status
- STCW Certificates
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years recent experience working on dry-bulk vessels
- Experience with Safety Management Systems
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of English language is required
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “First Mate Dry Bulk” in the subject line of your email.
Salary: $633.48 – $647.69 per day (depending on vessel type)