Deck Department, Dry Bulk Vessel
Monday, June 21, 2021
Job Description:This position is unionized. Wages and benefits will be paid as per union agreement.
Job Duties:Reporting directly to the Master, The Chief Mate is responsible for the application of the Company Quality, Health & Safety, and Environmental Policies in all aspects of deck operations and maintenance. The Chief Mate is responsible for the navigation of the vessel, overseeing loading and unloading of cargo, supervising activities of the deck crew, and other duties not carried out by the Captain.
- Chief Mate Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Radio Operator’s License (or GOC)
- Certificate of Proficiency for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (preferred)
- Great Lakes Pilotage Authority (GLPA) certificate holder (preferred)
- Canadian passport or permanent residence status
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years recent experience working on dry-bulk vessels
- Experience with Safety Management Systems
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of English language is required
Algoma Central Corporation encourages application from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply by email to email@example.com and include “First Mate Dry Bulk” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation – #600-63 Church Street – St. Catharines – Ontario – Canada – L2R 3C4
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $613.63 / day