Accounts Payable Clerk
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
The Clerk, Accounts Payable provides support in the accounts payable area and processes invoices in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with corporate policy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform all aspects of the accounts payable function.
- Receives, verifies and enters invoices into the AP system in a timely manner and per approved procedures; ensures that discounts are applied when appropriate.
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into accounting software according to department policies and deadlines.
- Follows-up on resolution of disputed or outstanding invoices.
- Responds to vendor and employee inquiries and liaises with team in a timely and professional manner to ensure satisfactory services as it relates to the AP function.
- Scans and indexes documents into Imaging System on an on-going basis.
- BS degree (or in progress) in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Operates in an open office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers and phones
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this rewarding career, please send your resume directly to email@example.com. Please include “Accounts Payable Clerk” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship from Algoma.