We have an immediate opening for a Technical Superintendent for our ocean self unloading bulk carriers which are managed from our office in Fort Lauderdale. The successful incumbent will manage the day to day engineering and technical operations in accordance with Company policies and procedures as well as government regulations and customer expectations. These responsibilities include personal and operational safety and environmental protection.
Key Responsibilities:As the frontline management representative for the vessels assigned to them, the key responsibilities of the Technical Superintendent are as follows:
- Oversee and direct day to day management of a fleet of vessels, mainly self discharging bulk carriers.
- Oversight of maintenance and repair.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance.
- Develop and maintain fleet standards for efficient vessel operations.
- Prepare, monitor and control of vessel budgets.
- Ensure continuous operation, eliminate downtime due to breakdown.
- Undertake vessel visits and inspection, ensure vessels are maintained to comply with any and all relevant standards.
- Liaise with external authorities Flag, Class and Port State regulatory bodies.
- Monitor vessel efficiency and environmental and safety performance.
- Monitor Planned Maintenance (PMS) for execution of work.
- Prepare and supervise dry-dockings, surveys and inspections.
- Arrange and manage shore side contractors.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with fleet plan objectives.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to identify and maintain customer service requirements.
- Liaise with the Crewing Manager to identify vessel crewing and training requirements.
- Provide on call support to the fleet.
- Review the Shipboard Safety Management Committee Meeting minutes and implement any action required.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of Engineering Superintendent experience. A Chief Engineer Certification is a requirement along with working knowledge of bulk carriers. Preference will be given to incumbents who have experience working with self unloading systems and multi-national crews. The candidate must have a high degree of creativity and initiative exhibiting strong troubleshooting skills. The candidate must also have strong organization, good judgement, reliability and attention to detail competencies. The candidate will also need to be a team player and client focused. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in using computerized applications is essential. Extensive travel and field work will be required which will include carrying out duties consistent with the position outside normal business hours. The candidate must be able to work in the US and travel without restriction globally.
Interested in the opportunity? Please send your resume to email@example.com and apply today! Please include the title of the position in the subject of your email.Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.