The Tax Manager has responsibility to manage and oversee a wide variety of tax responsibilities in compliance with Canadian and foreign laws and regulations. The Manager will also provide full tax support to all departments and business units and provide innovative tax planning opportunities to Senior Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the management of corporate income tax filings, including preparation, reviews, recommendations and follow-up, as required.
- Responsibility for the continuous update of safe income and exempt surplus calculations, transfer pricing studies and other similar contemporaneous documentation.
- Provides tax analysis for financial statements and management reporting.
- Assists with the accounting for income taxes during period-ends, such as reconciliations, journal entries and financial reporting.
- Communicates as necessary with federal and provincial tax authorities to ensure tax returns are assessed and/or reassessed correctly.
- Assists in compliance with tax requirements in foreign tax jurisdictions.
- Assists other departments and business units with tax related enquiries, including commodity, payroll and withholding taxes.
- Assists with tax planning opportunities and other duties as assigned.
- Liaises with external tax advisors, auditors, and various tax authorities to address reporting requirements and audit inquiries.
- Assists Manager, Disability & Risk Management by entering occupational and non-occupational claims in company database
- A University Degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Finance.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA or CMA).
- 3-5 years of Canadian corporate tax experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian commodity and income tax legislations.
- Experience in a public, multi-company, multi-national organization is an asset.
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Program completion is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Business minded with strong strategic acumen and analytical skills.
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume directly to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject of your email.Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.