Senior Corporate Accountant
St. Catharines, Ontario
Monday, December 14, 2020
We are seeking a strong, results-driven and highly-motivated self-starter who is very analytical, has excellent interpersonal skills and has the ability to work independently. This position will have full responsibility for corporate accounting, audit support and tax compliance.
• Responsible for external and internal financial reporting processes.
• Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
• Assist in documentation of policy/position papers and changes to accounting processes.
• Analyze financial statements and other financial information.
• Responsible for the accounting and reporting of the Corporate business unit, along with consolidated internal and external financial statements and disclosures.
• Analyze data to support business decision-making.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly tax provisions including related journal entries and reconciliation.
• Responsible for assisting with Canadian and foreign jurisdiction corporate tax filings.
• Assist with tax-related enquiries from other departments or tax advisors.
• Liaise with the financial team leaders of the Company’s other business units.
• Liaise with external auditors in regards to accounting and audit inquiries.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• Canadian CPA designation.
• 3-5 years post-designation experience, preferably in a public company environment.
• Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Working knowledge of Canadian commodity and income tax legislations.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a new environment
• A solid financial acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to research, document and recommend appropriate tax and accounting treatment for complex transactions.
• Multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency experience is an asset.
• Superior communication skills, both orally and in written memos and other forms of communication.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet internal and external reporting deadlines.
• Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships across many departments and business units of the Company.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to quickly learn various reporting tools to extract and present information from the Company’s accounting records.
How to apply:
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sr Corporate Accountant” in the subject of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.