Seeking qualified Second Engineers to join our team!
For a limited time, a sign-on and retention bonus totalling $15,000 is available to qualified Second Engineers!
|Position:||Second Engineer, Dry-Bulk Vessel|
|Terms of Employment:||Permanent Full-Time|
|Work rotation:||60 days on / 30 days off or 6 weeks on / 6 weeks off|
|Wage Range:||$577.39 per day worked|
Algoma offers a competitive salary and benefits package
The Second Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Engine Department personnel and operation and maintenance of machinery, in line with the Chief Engineer’s directions. The Second Engineer is responsible to the Chief Engineer for safe standards of operation in all departmental activities and is expected to perform his or her duties in accordance with the Canada Shipping Act and Regulations, Canada Labour Code, Company Policies and Procedures.
• First or Second Class Motor Engineer Certificate
• MED Training with respect to STCW Basic Safety
• MED Training with respect to proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats
• MED in advanced fire fighting
• Marine Medical
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years recent experience working on dry-bulk vessels
• Experience with Safety Management Systems
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excel in analyzing and adjusting work procedures for maximum efficiency
• Knowledge of English language is required
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Second Engineer Dry-Bulk” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma encourages application from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.