This position provides support to the Fleet Personnel Department with recruitment and other HR Functions. This is a full-time contract position and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 0800 to 1630. Extended hours on specific days may be required.
- Full Cycle Recruitment activities including advertising job openings, candidate pre-screening and testing, scheduling interviews and conducting reference checks.
- Assists the departmental Director and Assistant Vice President with employee and labour relations, including workplace investigations
- Coordinates and tracks front-line grievances and employee dispute resolution.
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in Nautical Science, Marine Engineering, Logistics, Business or Human Resources is preferred.
- Experience in the domestic Canadian marine industry is preferred.
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of Great Lakes and St. Lawrence marine regulations as well as the Canada Labor code is an asset.
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to prioritize and take initiative to manage work flow.
- Able to work in a matrix reporting environment with Operations and Fleet Personnel.
- Able to handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Hands-on experience with data systems, such as an HRIS or HRMS.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this rewarding career, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Recruiter” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma