Reporting to the Senior Manager Quality, Safety and Environmental, The Manager, Quality provides support in all areas of the Integrated Management System to promote continuous improvement within the Corporation. The Corporation maintains certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 standards.
- Leads the organization’s internal Integrated Management System (IMS) and ISO audit program, as well as external third party audits as directed.
- Assists with the timely closure of internal and external audit findings.
- Manages the document control system for all IMS related activities.
- Monitors leading and lagging audit finding indicators and suggest corrective actions to adverse trends.
- Provides support to regulatory reviews and becomes familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards to ensure continued compliance.
- Supports Operational Excellence initiatives and manages the accompanying awards program.
- Assists in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the organization’s quality management programs.
- Provides support to management and employees by maintaining a visible presence through regular site and vessel visits.
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in Occupational Health & Safety or related field coupled with a diploma in Marine Navigation or Marine Engineering.
- CHSC (Certified Health & Safety Consultant) or member of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) designation.
- Five or more years’ experience in a related position.
- Previous experience with projects in employee engagement initiatives.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective meeting management skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a cross functional team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team.
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Sound judgment, ability to balance business needs with the role of the employee advocate
- A creative, enquiring and logical mind.
- Sound knowledge of quality and regulatory disciplines (ISM/ISO).
- Sound knowledge of OCIMF and RightShip Requirements.
- Ability to carry out investigations and root cause analysis.
- Ability to effectively develop and implement change.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of the organization and in multinational environments.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- No travel restrictions with ability to travel globally if required
If you are interested in this rewarding career, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Quality Manager, Operations” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.