The Mechanical Engineer – Technical Services oversees and supports the implementation of various projects.
Performs project management activities including development of vessel design criteria, preparation of contract documents, preparation and submission of budgets and schedules and analysis of technical bids.
- Evaluates and selects systems, prepares specifications, evaluates quotations, and oversees installation of Ballast Water Treatment Systems for both domestic and international fleets.
- Works with the Technical and Operations Departments in developing technical solutions to meet changing environmental regulations.
- Provides field support to suppliers and contractors during implementation phase of various projects.
- Develops policies and procedures to meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
- Responds to field and technical requests as required.
- Stays current with new technologies and applies as appropriate to new/on-going projects.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Project Management experience preferably in the Marine Industry.
- Five or more years’ experience in a related position.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Proficient with ACAD.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team.
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- A creative, enquiring and logical mind.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information and drawings.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship and interact with all levels of the organization and in multinational environments.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- No travel restrictions.
If you are interested in a rewarding career, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include “Mechanical Engineer – Technical Services” in the subject line of your email. This is a full-time permanent position in our St. Catharines office.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.