Algoma Central Corporation is looking for a high-performing Sales & Marketing Manager, possessing the right combination of technical sales skill, business acumen, and analytical ability. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing major customer accounts and performing commercial analysis within Algoma’s Domestic Dry Bulk business unit, serving the Great Lakes and St Lawrence Seaway market.
- Builds and promotes strong customer relationships.
- Generates sales leads and develops comprehensive marine transportation solutions.
- Responds to requests for, and develops, customer quotations and proposals.
- Manages the process for satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
- Gathers market intelligence and identifies market trends and opportunities.
- Leads and assists in commercial reporting, budget and forecast management.
- Coordinates with Algoma Finance Department on variance analysis and reporting.
- Analyzes commercial performance and provides feedback to Sales and Traffic teams.
- Utilizes IMOS and other business systems to improve commercial performance.
- Reviews customer invoices and assists in revenue collection for assigned accounts.
- Professionally promotes and represents Algoma at marine and related industry events.
- Works with the Commercial team and other departments to promote successful outcomes.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent – MBA is an asset.
- Industrial/technical sales experience in marine or related industry is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Great Lakes bulk shipping and logistics is an asset.
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office) and ability to learn new software.
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and strong decision-making abilities.
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team.
- Ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals.
- Business minded with strong strategic acumen and analytical skills.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Travel will be required within Canada, United States and possibly abroad.
If you are interested in this rewarding career, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include “Manager, Sales & Marketing” in the subject line of your email. This is a full-time permanent position in our St. Catharines office.
Algoma is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of business need, qualifications and merit.
Algoma encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.