Algoma Central Corporation is looking for a high-performing salesperson to help meet commercial revenue targets and customer retention/development objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing major customer accounts within Algoma’s Domestic Dry Bulk business unit, serving the Great Lakes and St Lawrence Seaway market.
- Build and promote strong customer relationships.
- Generate sales leads and develop comprehensive marine transportation solutions.
- Respond to requests for, and develop, customer quotations and proposals.
- Manage the process for satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
- Gather market intelligence and identify market trends and opportunities.
- Provide input for commercial reporting, budget and forecast preparation.
- Utilize the Commercial Enterprise System to manage the sales process.
- Review customer invoices for assigned accounts.
- Assist in revenue collections.
- Professionally promote and represent Algoma at marine and related industry functions.
- Work with the Commercial team and other departments to promote successful outcomes.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in marine or related industry.
- Working knowledge of Great Lakes bulk shipping and logistics is an asset.
- Team player demonstrating a high level of integrity and credibility.
- Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to build solid business relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Excellent negotiation skills and strong decision-making abilities.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and adapt to changing situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A valid driver’s license and passport.
- Travel will be required within Canada, United States and possibly abroad.
Interested in the opportunity? Please send your resume to email@example.com and apply today! Please include the title of the position in the subject of your email.Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.