Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis
St. Catharines, Ontario
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
We are seeking a strong, results-driven and highly-motivated self-starter who is very analytical and has excellent interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Vice-President, Corporate Finance the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for managing the financial planning and reporting processes as well as detailed financial analysis for various initiatives. This role will act as a strong strategic partner to our business in delivering timely and accurate reporting and valued insights. You will provide guidance and expertise to functional managers relative to financial planning and budgetary matters.
• Synthesizes data from different functional areas to create an accurate expectation of company performance.
• Manage the planning cycle including the annual operating plan, budgets and monthly forecasting processes.
• Provide input and analysis that supports long term strategic planning.
• Develop standard costing models across all operations, updating periodically to ensure accuracy and relevancy of the data.
• Review financial statement and general ledger account details to identify and explain budget variances on a monthly basis.
• Routinely communicate financial and operational performance trends; historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
• Provide value added insights and recommendations to senior management.
• Support management in analysis of new business opportunities, acquisitions and capital investments.
• Identify external benchmarks and develop internal metrics to measure efficiency and effectiveness of business performance.
• Develop process and system improvements to streamline the financial planning process creating efficiencies and scalability.
• Prepare proposals for capital initiatives with financial and cash flow projections, business case modeling, expected return on investment, and executive summary providing both qualitative and quantitative rationale, based on company policies and guidelines.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
• A University Degree in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Finance.
• A professional designation is preferred.
• Five years of experience in a related field post-designation, preferably in a public company.
• Three years of supervisory/management experience.
• Extensive experience in budgeting/forecasting, strategic analysis and management reporting.
• Superior knowledge of financial statements, Excel modelling and analytical reporting tools and competency in PowerPoint and Word.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and capable of working closely with and presenting to senior stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply today!Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.