Algoma Central Corporation has an immediate opening for a Management Trainee. This is a multi-year development program with the goal of preparing you for future progression within the Company. You’ll be given hands-on learning, surrounding many aspects of our business including operations, sales and marketing, human resources and finance. This entry level role is intended to give you a foundation to jump-start your career with Algoma.
You will be assigned many different tasks and duties within a number of departments over the training period. Through the variety of experiences you will be provided with the opportunity to:
- Have a solid understanding of the marine industry (both domestic and international).
- Understand the different roles within a marine organization and how each functional area can and does impact the overall company objectives.
- Successfully assume the responsibilities of a number of entry to mid level positions within the organization and with time progress through the organization into positions of higher level responsibility.
- Gain knowledge of the organization, its structure, internal policies and practices.
- Be able to serve as a liaison between departments after having worked in a number of functional areas and having gained an understanding of how each functional area impacts and interacts with one another.
- Be a valued member of team-based projects including assuming a leadership role on some projects as required.
- Be an advocate and mentor to future Management Trainees
What you offer
- Post Secondary Education in a relevant field.
- Although the ability to speak/read/write English is a must, if you possess the ability to speak another language particularly Spanish and/or French you have a definite advantage.
- Proven success as a team leader, an entrepreneur, and/or mentor.
- You prefer to set your own challenging goals and have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding those goals.
- You strive for success but never sacrifice integrity to get it.
- You have a natural ability to connect with others and to convey your message in a direct and persuasive manner.
- You have an adventurous spirit that is open to whatever opportunities come your way whether that is in a different position, different department or possibly even a different country.
- You have an innate curiosity, striving to learn everything you can about the world around you with the ability to digest it all.
- You are a proven self starter with the ability to manage yourself and work independently but that doesn’t get in the way of you working as part of a team and having the ability to recognize the contributions of others.
- You push yourself to achieve greatness in everything you do, crushing deadlines, juggling multiple projects at any given time, and staying organized while doing it.
Interested in the opportunity to kick start your career? Please send your resume to email@example.com and apply today!Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.