Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Assists with obtaining quotations and ensure cost effective purchasing processes.
- Prepares spare parts and equipment requisitions for approval.
- Processes consumable requisitions into purchase orders and ensure effective delivery to fleet.
- Expedites overdue deliveries and arranges returns or credits for damaged, deference or incorrectly supplied goods.
- Ensures pricing updates in purchasing data management system remains current.
- Arranges stores/spares and mail deliveries through internal and external services in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Keeps the vessels informed with the status of vessel requisitions and purchase orders.
- Coordinates payment of invoices with Accounting.
- Supports vessel managers in coordinating service orders and third party services.
- Post-secondary with preference for those with a diploma in a related field such as Business, Purchasing/Procurement, Contract Management, Materials & Inventory Management, Logistics & Transportation or Maritime Studies.
- Marine experience is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Operates in an open office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers and phones.
- Requires ability to occasionally travel to company vessels, suppliers and vendors.
If you are interested in a rewarding career, please send your application to email@example.com. Please include “Buyer” in the subject line of your email. This is a full-time permanent position.