Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assists with obtaining quotations and ensure cost effective purchasing processes.
• Prepares spare parts and equipment requisitions for approval.
• Processes consumable requisitions into purchase orders and ensure effective delivery to fleet.
• Expedites overdue deliveries and arranges returns or credits for damaged, deference or incorrectly supplied goods.
• Ensures pricing updates in purchasing data management system remain current.
• Arranges stores/spares and mail deliveries through internal and external services in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Keeps the vessels informed with the status of vessel requisitions and purchase orders.
• Coordinates payment of invoices with Accounting.
• Supports vessel managers in coordinating service orders and third party services.
• Post secondary with preference for those with a diploma in a related field such as Business, Purchasing/Procurement, Contract Management, Materials & Inventory Management, Logistics & Transportation or Maritime Studies.
• 1 to 3 years experience in a similar role.
• Marine experience is an asset.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Operates in an open office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers and phones.
• Requires ability to occasionally travel to company vessels, suppliers and vendors.
How to apply:
If you are interested in a rewarding career, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include “Junior Buyer” in the subject line of your email.