This is a 6 month contract position. This role is intended to supplement the BIS team in order to broaden support coverage and provide a greater technical level of support up front to resolve Help Desk issues before they need to be escalated to the 2nd Level Network Administrators. This position also provides much needed backing support to the Network Administrators for IT projects including the setup of new computers in the office and shipboard as well as the O365 project.
- Works under direction of the Manager, Infrastructure, with a focus on taking ownership of the assigned tasks including issue validation, triage and maintaining user contact through to resolution;
- Uses Help Desk issue tracking software to document request assignments;
- Provides Level 1 and advanced technical support for immediate issue resolution and when necessary escalates the issue to the appropriate internal or external Level 2 resource for resolution;
- Administers corporate user accounts including coordination of adds, moves and changes, user access (building access, corporate network access and email accounts), setup of end-user mobile devices and desktop phones, including quarterly user account review;
- Creates and maintains system documentation and technical manuals;
- Follows the Corporate standard for IT processes and configurations;
- Additional responsibilities, assigned as required;
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in field of Computer Engineering;
- Relevant Microsoft and Cisco certifications preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft products: Windows and Server OS, Exchange, Active Directory, Microsoft/Office365 including Teams, Email, voice and Office apps;
- Experience with Enterprise backup and recovery, system performance monitoring;
- Familiarity with Server and Virtual Server;
- Experience with network protocols and security, supporting LANs and WANs across the organization;
- Experience with managing remote locations within a Citrix environment;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to deal directly with end users, handling helpdesk inquiries in a professional manner;
- Ability to establish good team relationships through appropriate communication skills, participation in team discussions and working with other team members in resolving issues and completing projects;
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, including hosted and managed services;
How to Apply:
Send your resume directly to email@example.com. Please include “Network Admin” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.