Reporting to the Vice President (Human Resources), this position supports all aspects of human resource management.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- HRIS entry and maintenance.
- Internal and external HR related inquiries.
- Employment and pay equity.
- Policy compliance and development.
- Pension and benefits.
- Full cycle recruitment.
- Succession planning.
- HR reporting and statistics.
- HR programs and initiatives.
- Training and development.
- Community involvement.
- Compensation planning.
- Other projects and tasks as required.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in Human Resources or another field coupled with a post-graduate certificate in Human Resources Management.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certificate of Proficiency in Employee Benefits (CEB) preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a human resources generalist type role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters.
- Excellent multi-tasking skill.
- Highly motivated and works well in both a team environment and independently.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in a rewarding career, please send your resume directly to email@example.com. Please include “HR Personnel” in the subject line of your email. This is a contract position for 15 months.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.