The Coordinator, Fleet Personnel arranges scheduling for all crew on assigned vessels, using most cost effective and convenient travel routes in addition to ensuring all documentation is in order. Also, responsible for tracking crew and ensuring all system transactions are processed accurately and on time.
- Works with the Operations Technical department to appoint, assign and schedule appropriately skilled and certificated shipboard employees on the different vessels in compliance with the relevant Collective Bargaining Agreement and regulation.
- Maintains a continuous and professional dialogue with Captains and Chief Engineers with respect to crew requirements.
- Maintains human resource information system (HRIS) records for all shipboard employees.
- Manages vacation and rotation planning for all shipboard employees through vacation tracking modules and ensures cost effective travel for crew joining and departing assigned vessels to meet crew change schedules; informs supervisor of potential employment problems.
- Tracks shipboard employee time records and updates HRIS accordingly.
- Maintains up-to-date seniority lists for all shipboard employees and tracks changes to the lists for future reference.
- Provides letters of confirmation of employment for ship board employees and assists as requested in the provision of information required for credit checks or other personal needs.
- Checks and approves all crew expense and travel accounts including invoices from travel agents, taxi and limousine services.
- Meets the requirements as outlined in relevant Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Participates in a departmental after-hours coverage rotation. This consists of periodically working weekends, holidays, and being available for business inquiries outside of normal business hours.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills, abilities and experience:
- A post-secondary education.
- Experience with staff scheduling or dispatch.
- Experience in transportation, logistics or a related field.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Advanced organizational skills and solution-oriented.
- Able to prioritize work and take initiative, so as to adapt to business needs and a constantly changing work flow.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to understand and communicate effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Interested in the opportunity? Please send your resume to email@example.com and apply today! Please include the title of the position in the subject of your email.Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.