Provides confidential administrative support to the President & CEO, as well as administrative and legal support to the Sr. V.P., Corporate Development and the company’s legal team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide confidential administrative support to executives and lawyers
• Prepare, read, review, verify, and route emails, correspondence, letters, reports and legal documents
• Collect, assemble and summarize information and reports
• Manage, input, file and track all legal documentation and timelines
• Prepare expense reports and other financial information
• Receive clients and other individuals by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answer and direct enquiries
• Plan, arrange and schedule meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel; observe deadlines; set reminders for deadlines and schedules
• Organize Committee and Board of Directors meetings, create agendas, distribute electronic Board materials, provide other support for Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings as requested by the Corporate Secretary
• Update and maintain corporate minute books and occasionally prepare draft resolutions
• Function as personal assistant to President & CEO, including managing his schedule and obligations.
• A post-secondary diploma in an administrative discipline with preference for those within a legal administrative discipline.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant work experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant or a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant work experience working as a law clerk or legal assistant
• The ability to handle high volume and competing priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills including an approachable and professional disposition
• Exceptional attention to detail with superior verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to draft effective communications, with excellent grammar and proof-reading skills
• Experience assisting with the preparation and review of contracts and other legal documents
• Experience working with Corporate Board Committees or as a corporate law clerk would be considered an asset
Working within a professional office environment, with longer hours on occasion and infrequent travel within Ontario.
How to Apply:
Interested in this opportunity? Send your resume to email@example.com and apply today! Please include the title of the position in the subject of your e-mail.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.