The Coordinator, Logistics assists in tasks necessary to ensure that all consumables, parts and other items are delivered to the fleet on a timely and accurate basis. Ensures all functions are completed within established company policies, procedures and ethical standards.
- Co-ordinates all inbound and outbound shipments (domestic and international) are received and shipped to vessels in the most cost effective manner.
- Documents quality / delivery no-conformances.
- Documents the return of parts/products requiring attention as off loaded from vessels.
- Performs data entry of all packing slips received into the purchasing system and associates to the correct purchase order.
- Applies all standard operating processes consistent with the organization’s Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Prepares shipping documents including dangerous or hazardous goods to ensure traceability from supplier to vessel.
- Packages and loads all parts, consumable, gas bottles and other items required for delivery.
- Receives all incoming parts and consumables following established procedures including safe storage.
- Performs various cycle counts of the log book inventories and other items as required including the Min/Max limits established.
- Performs all duties and applies all methods that ensure compliance with all Safety, Environmental and Industry Standards including handling of hazardous and dangerous goods.
- Maintains records of any and all valid licensees and certificates required to operate various warehouse equipment and schedules re-certification prior to expiration.
- Applies continuous improvement methods required to maintain a cost effective operation.
- Co-ordinates and maintains monthly Health and Safety Programs.
- Maintains strong working relationships with organization’s delivery partners.
- Performs all tasks that need to be completed to ensure continuous operation on a daily basis.
- Provides daily administrative support, back-up and documentation control for the Logistics group.
- Provide tow motor back-up when required.
- Maintains Logistics email box and calendar.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or another related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Materials & Inventory Management or Logistics & Transportation.
- Two or more years of experience in inventory management and control.
- Valid forklift operator license preferred.
- Familiarity of the maritime industry and the movement of vessels throughout the seaway system preferred.
- Knowledge in the various spare parts required by the fleet preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team.
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- No travel restrictions.
If you are interested in a rewarding career, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include “Coordinator, Logistics” in the subject line of your email. This is a full-time permanent position in our Port Colborne office.Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.