The Clerk, Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable is responsible for invoicing customers and processing vendor invoices in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with corporate policy.
- Prepares billing for the Tanker, Domestic Dry-Bulk and NACC fleets and ensures accuracy.
- Prepares cash postings for all companies.
- Responds to customer and vendor inquiries.
- Prepares monthly port reports.
- Assists with quarterly Marine Service Fee remittance.
- Prepares demurrage summaries.
- Enters A/P voyage cost for all fleets.
- Maintains the Voyage Cost Interface.
- Prepares St. Lawrence Seaway declarations.
- Receives, verifies and enters invoices into the A/P system in a timely manner and per approved procedures; ensures that discounts are applied when appropriate.
- Receives, verifies and enters expense reports for salaried employees.
- Follows up on resolution of disputed or outstanding invoices.
- Responds to vendor and employee inquiries; liaises with internal managers in a timely and professional manner to ensure satisfactory services as it relates to the A/P function.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Accounting or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team.
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
Operates in an open office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers and phones.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to talk/hear.
- Daily use of standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- Ability to occasionally lift office equipment up to 20 pounds.
If you are interested in this rewarding career, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include “Clerk, Accounts Payable & Receivable” in the subject line of your email. This is a full-time permanent position at our head office in St. Catharines.
Algoma is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of business need, qualifications and merit. Algoma encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.