We are currently searching for qualified Second Engineers to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, Second Engineers are responsible for operating and maintaining a vessel’s propulsion and auxiliary systems including responsibilities for main engines, boilers, fuel, steering mechanisms, feed systems, electrical, refrigeration systems, sewage treatment, lube oil, standing watch in the engine room, directing and supervising unlicensed crew, recording and reporting on the engine’s performance.
Candidates must possess:
- Second Class Engineer, Motor Ship issued by Transport Canada
- STCW Certificates
- Marine Medical issued by Transport Canada
- Advanced Oil Tanker Training
- Canadian passport or permanent residence status
- Certificate of Proficiency for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities or SSO
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Second Engineer Tanker” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages application from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.